Fri, May 24|
Christ Church Beaurepaire
Heartsaver CPR AED Course - Beaconsfield (1)
A cardiac arrest can happen to anyone at anytime, are you prepared to help? Register for the Heartsaver CPR AED Course and learn this important life-saving skill!
Time & Location
May 24, 2019, 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Christ Church Beaurepaire, 455 CHURCH RUE, Beaconsfield, QC H9W 4W8, Canada
About The Event
The Heartsaver CPR AED course is the Canadian standard in CPR and AED training.
This course is straightforward, comprehensive and based on up-to-date science from experts at the Heart and Stroke Foundation. It provides the skills and confidence to respond to a cardiac arrest at home, in public or at work.
Who is the Heartsaver Course For?
This course is designed for everyday Canadians who don’t have medical training but who want to learn how to help someone having a cardiac arrest.
- People who need a course completion card for workplace, volunteer or other requirements.
- Anyone who wants to be ready, willing and able to help in case of a cardiac arrest or choking.
- Parents and families with children or infants, who want to be prepared for a choking or other health emergencies.
You will learn how to recognize a cardiac arrest, get emergency care on its way quickly and provide help until someone with more advanced training arrives to take over. You’ll get hands-on practice performing high-quality CPR on a manikin, learning how to use an AED, giving breaths with a mask and responding to choking emergencies.
- How high-quality CPR improves survival
- The concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognizing when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- How to perform CPR with the help of others
- Give effective breaths using a mask, for all age groups
- How to use an AED on an adult
- When and how to help a choking adult
+ Child Module
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- How to use an AED on a child
When and how to help a choking child
+ Infant Module
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- When and how to help a choking infant
Course Completion Card & Expiration Date
Upon successful completion, you will receive a course completion card in CPR and AED to meet job, regulatory or other requirements. It is valid for 1 year from the date of successful course completion.
Studies have shown that CPR skills deteriorate rapidly, and have identified positive effects from brief, more frequent training sessions. As a result, the Heart and Stroke Foundation strongly encourages students to periodically review and practice CPR and AED skills whenever possible.
Cost is $55 per person, which includes a reference manual and a certification card from the Heart and Stroke Foundation which will be mailed to you after the course.
If you can’t attend the course please get in touch to let us know at least 48 hours before the event and we will be happy to provide a full refund or a credit for an upcoming class.
This ticket is for the Heartsaver CPR AED Course which includes a manual and certification card from the Heart and Stroke Foundation. If you can’t attend the course, please get in touch to let us know at least 48 hours before the event and we will be happy to provide a full refund or a credit for an upcoming class.